An online presence is one of the best ways to market your property management solutions to landlords, real estate investors, and prospective tenants in Indianapolis.
But don’t expect to stay ahead of the competition through digital marketing if you stagnate.
Search engines like Google continuously adjust algorithms to deliver fresh and relevant information for user search queries. Their goal is to provide high-quality results that meet searcher expectations. Your goal is to rank on the first page of the search results for property management in your area. These goals are complementary–if you have an optimized website with information that visitors find valuable.
Here are the best property management marketing tips for 2022 (and why):
Update to a Responsive Website (Market to Anyone on Any Device)
How well does your website load on a smartphone? If you don’t know the answer, it’s time to test. With 47.28% of US web traffic originating from mobile devices, there’s no ignoring the mobile audience if you expect to maximize your profit potential. If smartphone users can’t load your website or access its internal pages, you risk losing leads to a rival company with a mobile-friendly website.
The best way to optimize your website for small screens is to make it responsive. A responsive website automatically adapts content for multiple screen sizes. You can market to anyone on an Internet connected device without worrying about how your website displays on that screen.
Improve Your Webpage Speed (Keep Visitors on Your Site)
Seconds matter in Internet marketing. No matter how visitors access your website, everyone expects near-instant results. Research shows conversion rates are highest on websites with 0-4 second loading times. If you’re not offering speedy, on-demand webpage loading times, you’re giving the competition an opportunity to outrank you.
If you’re not familiar with how to improve these website elements, or you don’t have time, hire a website developer specializing in property management. You can also learn more from MOZ about page speed reduction practices.
Employ Best Practices in SEO (Improve SERP Ranking)
Search engines rely on keywords and phrases throughout your website to categorize your business and the area(s) it serves. You might have pages for “property maintenance in Houston” or “property management services in Boston.” This tells Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and other search engines that you specialize in property management.
Here are several additional ways to improve on-site, Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Give photos relevant filenames, such as “single-family-home-99-st-indianapolis.jpg”
- Include descriptive alt text for photos (don’t spam keywords and phrases)
- Provide information your audience wants to know
- Link to relevant, internal pages where applicable
- Link to external websites as appropriate (third party websites should be trustworthy and relate to the page topic; you might also link to organizations with which you associate).
- Have a blog where you answer questions and discuss different aspects of your industry; look for questions with poor answers online, so there is an opportunity for you to rank quickly for them. Consider client frustrations and common areas of confusion. Search Reddit, Quora, Facebook, Twitter, and forums as if you were a landlord or tenant looking for property management services.
- Create meta titles for each page, including the area your service
- Write a meta description for each page (this won’t improve SEO, but it contributes to the page click-through rate from the Search Engine Results Page or “SERP”)
Don’t forget to hook your website up to Google Analytics to gain insight into visitor demographics (age and gender) and behavior (time spent on different pages and site navigation), as well as information on how visitors accessed your website.
Claim Your Google My Business Profile (Collect Reviews and Earn Trust)
A Google My Business (GMB) profile is a listing that appears when a user searches directly for a business on Google. If a landlord or potential renter is looking to learn more about your property management business, they may search your name to see your GMB listing. The listing shows your star rating, hours of operation, business address, phone number, website, and relevant photos. Even if you never created a listing for your property management company, you might have a GMB profile (Google allows its users to suggest or create profiles for businesses). However, only the business can claim its listing.
High reviews positively influence search engine optimization. Encourage satisfied landlords and tenants to share their experience with your property management company by sharing a 5-star review.
We Know Property Management Marketing at WILMOTH Group
If putting the best property management marketing tips for 2022 into practice sounds time consuming and exhausting, we understand. At WILMOTH Group, we have an optimized website and know how to market effectively to find landlords who need property managers and locate new tenants for vacant properties.
Questions? We’re happy to share our expertise on property management marketing in Indianapolis, IN.