Over the years, our leasing agents have shown thousands and thousands of homes. They also have spoken on the phone many times for inquiries on rentals. Being a leasing agent can be hard work as you manage a tight schedule and determine where to best use your time.
Every now and then something happens where leasing agents are shocked by the amount of information some potential tenants are willing to share. As these questions and statements occur, we update this post to share with anyone who wants to be amazed, and confused.
After reading this list you will understand why these are some special statements right out of the mouth of your next applicant. Bookmark this page and check back often. I can guarantee you there are more to come!
Amazing Things Said To Our Leasing Agents
- “We can have my wife sign the lease. Her credit is OK.”
- “Why do you need our credit reports? That doesn’t tell you what good people we are.”
- “We’re moving because our landlord is a jerk.”
- “You won’t need a security deposit with us. We’ll take good care of your home.”
- “I’m an attorney and more than qualified to rent your house. By the way, I found three illegal questions in your rental application.”
- “Wait till you see the place when we’re done with it. You won’t recognize it.”
- “What is your policy concerning drugs?”
- “Are utilities included? I had a little dispute with the electric company.”
- “Do you declare your rental income on your taxes?”
- “Would you mind giving me the key so we can just put a few boxes in there today? I’ll have the money next week and we can sign the lease then.”
- “The information I am able to provide in an application is all false as I am not who I say I am. I am in a witness-protection program.”